Get up gasping for air and coughing at night, discontinued Reswas after relief, recurrence with viral fever. Asthma or bronchitis?

I get up at night gasping for air and coughing. I was prescribed Reswas previously by one doctor for night coughing. When the symptoms reduced, i discontinued it. But this week i got a viral fever and this same problem started again. I haven t slept for last 2 days.. its getting worse.. I m confused if this is asthma or bronchitis .. whenever i get into sleep im getting up coughing.. Please help..
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012