Get terrible pain in lower back that radiates to the middle of chest post intake of Lortab, subsides after few minutes. Cause?

I had bariatric surgery 5 yrs ago and am facing a shoulder surgery and has been given Lortab. Whenever I take it about a half hour later I get this terrible pain that starts in my lower back and goes up quickly to the middle of my chest . It feels like horrible heartburn when it gets there. It finally goes away in about 10 or 20 min. I have to take it I have tried Tramadol and it does the same thing but I m gonna have to have pain meds.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013