Get strong erection while having intercourse with girlfriend but not with wife. Reason and solution?

hello sir, my problem is, i am very much confused with my penis erections. i am married, from 3years, and i also have a girl friend. the problem is whenever i intercourse with my girlfriend i get strong erections, and i last for 1 hour, but now a days , when i intercourse with my wife, i dont get a single erection. she get irritated. i feel very ashamed, uncomfortable and get depressed, doc , i cant leave both. they are my life. I want to love my wife as i satisfy my girlfriend, but its getting impossible. Please help me out, or else our marriage will be destroyed. Please doc help me , give me the solution, so that i can make my life better. Waiting for ur reply. regards Sagar.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
The problem you are suffering from will obviously cause anxiety. But you need not worry. There is no organic or functional inadequacy in your function. The problem is purely psychological. I would suggest you to consult a sex psychologist who would allay your anxieties pertaining to your relations with your wife.