Get severe heart palpitations, high BP after slight physical work. Family history of heart disease. Cause of concern?

I am a 40 year old female, 118 pounds but very poor shape. Heart disease runs in family. AFter just one set of squats or lunges or climbing one flight of stairs, I am getting severe heart palpitations and blood pressure shoots up to 160/90 with high heart rate , I can t even go 5 minutes on exercise bike without same thing, normal range is about 99 over 65. Is this something to be concerned about? It has been for about 2 months now this severity.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012