Get phlegm after eating. Advised to drink more water. No improvement even after drinking 4 glasses of water. Suggestions?

i ALWAYS GET PHLEGM AFTER EATING, NO MATTER WHAT i EAT OR DRINK--ALSO MOST NIGHTS AFTER LYING DOWN TO SLEEP, i SPEND 20-30 MINUTES hAVING TO CLEAR MY THROAT EVEN IF I HAVE NOT EATEN FOR SEVERAL HOURS i HAVE TAKEN PRIVSOLAC (INCREASED TO 2 A DAY) WITH NO RESULTS--STARTED TAKING OIL OF OREGANO AND NAC BUT NEITHER SEEM TO HELP. WHEN i WAKE UP I HAVE A BAD TASTE AT THE BACK OF MY MOUTH. MOST NIGHTS I WAKE UP AND HAVE TO CLEAR A DRY THROAT IF I GET A COLD SYMPTONS ARE WORSENED AND REMAIN FOR QUITE SOME TIME AFTER THE COLD GOES AWAY I AM 58 MALE 220# MY DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD DRINK MORE WATER AND I HAVE GONE FROM ALMOST ZERO TO 2-4 GLASSES PER DAY(DID NOT HELP)
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012