Get periods regularly, want to postpone them. Which of the two, Regesterone or PrimolutN would be better?

Hi, My periods are very regular.Infact, I get them 5 to 7 days prior to the due date. I had my periods on the 5th of July, then on the 28th of August so I am expecting my periods to start before or on the 23rd of September. My question is I am on holiday from the 19th to the 23rd of September during which time I dont want to get my periods. I have been recommended Regestrone 500mg twice a day by one doc and Primolute N (same dosage) by another doc. Which would be the better of the two? I have never taken meds to delay my periods so this would be the first. Also are there any side effects? Is it ok to take these pills when one drinks and smokes? Awaiting your reponse and thanks for the help!
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012