Get lot of cough, sometimes with blood, have tonsils, i smoke also. Blood is coming from lungs or due to tonsils? Cure?

HI Doc,
In mornign when i wake up, i get lot of cough and sometimes with blood. i do smoke also. i visited ENT specialist and he said, its all acidity and due to this i get cough with blood. he presribed pantalong D and septilin from himalaya.

now cough has reduced but still sometimes with saliva i get blood. i have toncils and in night i sleep with my mouth open and ENT guy suggest to have it operated.

blood is coming from lungs or due to toncils.

pls suggest.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013