Get jerks in deep sleep. Advised valparin, flovite tablets. Any side effects?

hello i am a female of 26yrs i get jerks only when i am in deep sleep i have been advised to take Valparin chrono 500mg in the morning & and 500mg in the night along with 5mg folvite tablet i want to know if these would have any side effects . Off late i am suffereing of hair loss & occassionaly i get blackouts which last for 3/4 seconds is there any cure for this? this medication has brought down the jerks but the blankness occurs once a day.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013