Genital warts outbreak, positive for HPV, Is it OK to have unprotected sex?

Hi, My boyfriend of 3 yrs. recently had a genital warts outbreak for the first time in his life (he s 39, Im 36). I have tested positive for HPV in the past (no visible warts). I had told him that. We have been in a commited, monogamous, relationship and having unprotected sex for the past 3 years. I am almost positive we both have what the other does at this point. We are talking about marriage and children, however our sex life has come to a complete halt since the outbreak 3 weeks ago. I am concerned for the future of our sex life. Please tell me we dont have to use condoms for the rest of our lives. My questions are: Can we have sex during an outbreak or will it make it worse? Will having unprotected sex cause future outbreaks? Is there a greater chance of him giving me warts if we have sex during his outbreak or should we just wait? Im sorry for all of the qustions, but he wont be intimate with me until we have answers. We miss each other. Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  70 Awaiting Answer