Gel like and stringy blood after a cut at the tip of finger. Cause?

I recently cut the tip of my finger off, the hospital patched me up good but I didnt think to ask the docter at the time if the blood that was coming out should be so thick and almost like gel after running down my hand . It was even a little stringy. I thought maybe it was drying up but now I think it may be more than that because it happened so fast. Any ideas what it could be?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Thanks for query,
You have a thick blood during your injury you need not to worry for it because some individuals has viscous blood then others.Blood is made of plasma & blood cells. The viscosity of blood depend upon the plasma content in it .
So stop worrying about it's thickness.
Have a nice day.