Gastric problems. Prescribed patosec, burning sensation in stomach on missing tablet. Safe for long term use?

Hi, my mom is suffering from gastric trouble and doctor suggested patosec tablet for 10 days daily in the morning.There is no problem if she is using it daily but if she misses even for one day she is suffering fron severe burning sensation in stomach .She is using this medicine from past 4 years. Now my question is, is it safe to use this madicine continously?? we have consulted so mAny doctors but no use.could you please help me
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013