Gastric bybass surgery, high fever, nausea, on antibiotics, passed black tarry stool. Stomach bug?

My wife recently took an assignment in the Philippines. She s been there 3 months without any problems. Last weekend she developed a high fever and nausea. She treated fever with ibuprofen . Stomach issues have continued all week with diarrhea and then constipation . She has been taking antibiotic that her doctor gave her in case of stomach issues in the Philippines. A little food seems to temporarily sooth stomach. A little while ago she passed a bowel movement that she described as furry (Should also note she had one black tarry stool last week) She is a gastric bypass surgery patient (5 years ago). She s convinced she s got a stomach bug. She has not hooked up with a physician since arriving in the Philippines. Does this sound like a stomach bug or should she find a doctor and get this checked out?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012