Gastric bug, have diarrhea regularly, loose and yellow stools. Treatment required?

myself and daughters hvae had a nasty gastric bug (well i beleive) did check out first daufghter as she got first and we have since followed diarea every day, its still relatively loose and yellow and the girls go back to schoo tuesday? have kept to the dry food but have introduced mash (no butter or anything), banana, soup couple times, and plain chicken no fat to the eldest who has since been less in fact nothing yesterday? is this an infection doesi t need to be looked at , myself and younger daughter 7 days now?? a very long time for a bug no sick no high temps..thank you
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012