Gash on toe, stinging, wound opens on putting pressure. Using soframycin. Treatment?

i have a gash on my right big toe in between the nail and the skin. it looks like the nail might have cut into the skin and now it stings quite a lot. the wound keeps opening and clotting on its own as is obvious when i put any pressure on it. my daily activity requires my feet to get dirty sometimes and i am wary of any infection. is it possible to use soframycin cream on the spot? i would like you to suggest any pain relief and quick heal methods because it doesn t look like it may heal on it s own any time soon. thank you
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
From history it seems that you might be having nail bed infection and likely that your nail will come out.
After removal of nail healing will take place.
Go for one antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine for 3 days.
Go for dressing daily with soframicin cream.
Ok and take care.