Gaseous. Get severe headache, bodyache, sore throat. No help with prolonged medication. Root cause, cure?

I had earlier taken medicine for h-pylori (14 day course) around 6 years back. My problem of gas in stomach is not solved. I have taken pentaprazole for many years and it is of no use. Because of gas i get severe headache, body ache, sore throat. I am also diagnosed with vitamin B 12 , Folic acid and Vitamin D deficiency. I have taken injections for these, but my gas problem,headache, body pain, and sore throat problem is not solved. Now i have been prescribed Nexpro RD 20 for 15 days. What could be the root cause and how to cure it.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013

Thank you for the query.

First of all you should have gastroscopy to see stomach condition. Your symptoms can be caused by stomach inflammation, Peptic ulcer or even stomach cancer. B12 and folic acid deficiency can be a part of stomach inflammation (called Addison-Biermer anemia).
Other common reasons of being gaseous are chewing gum, smoking, drinking carbonated drinks, loose dentures, chronic bacterial infection. Inflammatory bowels disease should be also considered.

I suggest you to have gastroscopy done, than stool tests, abdominal CT with oral contrast (enteroclysis).

Hope this will help.