Gas problems, constipation. Thinking of giving T.Lesuride 25mg. Opinion?

Dear Dr. I am a Physician too at a Heart Hospital in Mysore...Vikram Jeshta Heart Hospital & we DO have a Gastro Hosp headed by the famous Dr.P.Rajkumar Wadhwa. But I feel shy to ask him this question which may sound silly to him ! Hence am putting this to you, Sir. My Dad is in his late 70 s & has bad Gas problems & finds that he has a bit of constipation too. He is otherwise in good health , no HTN, DM , IHD, TB, BA, except for PPI placement last June for Bradycardia & RBBB . He takes minimum meds Sir like T. Pan 20, T.Zincovit, T.Shelcal, T. Alprax 0.75mg 1 HS OD & WAS taking 2 tsf Syp Cremaffin Plus HS OD DAILY FOR months together. He stopped that on MY insistance & I told him to take 2 tsf PICLIN syp instead....still no relief.....proper relief, acccording to him , Sir. So plz help me out Sir , I was thinking of putting him on T.Lesuride 25mg 1 HS OD . What s your opinion , Sir ? Dr.Swarnalata, Registrar, Vikram Hospital, Mysore.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012