Gas pressure on belly. Had kidney removal. How to get relief of the gas?

Hello, My husband is 52. Strong healthy guy. Had to have his kidney removed this past Tuesday due to a large mss almost 10 cm. Doctor feels he got it all but we will wait for test results next week. He is finally able to keep food down and having bowel movements but he is terribly uncomfortable with the gas? pressure in his belly .He can go for walks but that s about all he can do. He is normally a strong guy but this is taking him down. Very uncomfortable and unable to get enough of this pressure out. What will help? We tried a back massager just to relax him some. Any suggestions to relieve the pressure? Would like to get him to eat a little more but he is not very hungry because of the pressure.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would like to advise that you can take an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day before meals along with Domperidone 30mg after consulting his doctor.

Following precautions will be helpful :-
1.Avoid spicy and oily foods.
2.Avoid being empty stomach for long periods.
3.Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any.
4.Drink lots of water daily.

I hope this is helpful to you.