Gas and bloating problem. No relief with medication. Test report normal. Cause?

I have been suffering from gas since 4 years , after jaundice and 2 rounds of stomach infection. I have taken every possible medicine- omeprazole , pantaprazole, rantac etc. However , the gas and bloating simply does not stop. It occurs all throughout the day. I recently got a complete full body profile done. The SGPT was 51 , the cholestrol levels were slightly below optimal, everything else was normal. What seems to be the cause of my problem ?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012