Gap between toe nail and skin. No pain. Possible fungal infection?

Hello, the nail on my pinky toe on my right foot is not attached to the skin behind it. It is attached to the nail bed (Although loose feeling) but behind the nail (Opposite the side you cut) there is a space between the nail and skin, it s just a small gap. There is no pain or discomfort, I am wondering if this maybe a fungus or possible infection and to know what I should do. (See my doctor, get over the counter foot fungus medication etc...) From: Nathan
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012