Ganglion cyst removed from palm and wrist. Pain, swelling and stiffness in the hand. Is it normal?

I had two ganglion cyst removed one on palm of hand and one on volar side of wrist , I started having pain stiffness in hand and fingers and swelling in palm of hand with pain. I ve used ice and have been massaging the area but now I can barely touch it and have had some pain in my forearm , is this normal? I had a cyst removed on my wrist in the same place last year and never had these problems, also have been taking Motrin
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013