Ganglion cyst on right ankle. Swelling, bruising gone. Soreness, redness persists. Infection with ruptured cyst?

I believe I had a small ganglion cyst on the exterior tendon on my right ankle. I was hit with a puck directly to the ankle bone. Continued to play out the game but once my skate was off the swelling and pain began. A week later I had an X-Ray and no fracture . Swelling and bruising are going away after 10 days but cyst is now gone. Bone is still sore to touch and still slight redness in front of my ankle. Any concerns for infection with ruptured cyst?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013