Gallbladder surgery, IV in the hand and wrist, swollen vein with pain in fingers, bruised and sensitive skin. Is this normal?

Hello, I am a little worried about my hand and wrist . I had an IV put in my hand when I was admitted to the hospital which stayed in for 5 days. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder so there were meds put in such as pain meds, meds for sickness, and not real sure what all else. Anyway, this is 3 weeks later and the site along with the vein that runs on top of my arm/wrist area is swollen and aches all the way to my little finger . It feels bruised to touch and is very sensitive, however there is no color change. Should I have it looked at or is this normal?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012