Gallbladder scan showed goiter and nodules. Have underactive thyroid. Am I jeopardizing my health by refusing medicine?

a goiter and nodules were found during a scan of my gallbladder which landed me into the hospital, i saw a surgeon for the gallbladder and have elected to put off surgery for now (feel fine now).... i followed up with an endo, she wanted to put me on synthyroid to TRY to shrink the nodule (i said NO due to the side effects of this drug) i was also told over the phone, i test positive for antibodies? and have an underactive thryroid...not sure if i like this doc or not...only saw her 1 time.. i do not have any details of blood results, she acts like it is no big deal but i am concerned... currently i am to followup in june with a sono and office biopsy of the nodule... i do not want medication unless it is absolutely necessary (I feel perfectly normal)... i am 57 and in excellent health until the gallbladder issue... am i jeopardizing my health by refusing meds for the nodule? is there a more natural approach to this deficiency of the thyroid?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013