Gallbladder cancer, jaundice. Inserted plastic stent. Insert metallic stent instead?

Hi Doctor My Father in-law is struggling from gall bladder cancer . His age is about 59, the doctor inserted the plastic stent . Now its been 2-3 months the infection has spread everywhere and still he has got jaundice and other sympotoms of cancer. So, the doctor says we have to remove that insert metallic stent. Could you please suggest me whether to go about it or major operation is better? Thanks, Chandrashekar
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013