Gall bladder removed, pancreatitis, epigastric pain. NPO with maintenance fluids plus IV pain meds?

I had my gall bladder removed 18 days ago and had acute pancreatitis. I continue to have epigastric pain radiating to my back that is constant and ranges 4-7 on the pain scale. I have tried to not eat and drink minimally from home because I was discharged from the hospital and not given the opportunity to go on MIVF and pain control. The pancreatitis is not improving and I do not want it to become chronic. I do not drink at all and I do not eat a HIGH FAT DIET. Should I go back to the hospital and demand to be placed NPO with maintenance fluids plus IV pain meds? It would be a real bummer if this acute issue became chronic because I was not aggressively treated - most likely to my health insurance not authorizing me to remain in the hospital.

Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013