Gall bladder removed, feeling bloated, gaining weight. Thyroid test normal. Having headaches with dexatrim. Solution?

I had my gallbladder out this past February and was bloated for several months after. Then I started gaining weight around my middle and now it has gotten to a point where I am just depressed. I have tried all the 'fads' I have never had a problem with my weight before. I was a size 4-6 now am a 10. I am not a binger, rarely eat red meat, and get plenty of fruits and vegetables. I am not on any meds, do not use drugs and drink only socially. I am 49 yo.
What can I do this weight is very hard to deal with. I had my thyroid checked as well as I do have a family hx and it was normal. I recently bought some Dexatrim, but the headaches are a terrible side effect.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013