Gaining weight since the leep procedure, feel uncomfortable. Is this a common side effect ?

I had a leep procedure done just over 3 weeks ago and haven t felt myself since. I am a naturally thin person but since the leep I have been gaining weight. Mostly a little on my stomach and I now have love handles. I am not comfortable in my own skin and constantly feel uncomfortable. I m wondering if this is a common side effect of the leep and if it is something that will go back to normal eventually. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
leep procedure is nothing to do with your weight gain . since you have undergone surgery and may be taking bed rest with sufficient food you will be puuting on weight . nothing to worry once you recover completely you start doing some physical exercises then everything will go well. at present you can do abdomine exercises which would help your little stomach to flat stomach.