Gaining weight irrelevant of taking or not taking thyroid medicine, on strict diet. Suggestions to boost metabolism?

I ve been on and off thyroid medicine in the last year and a half. I still felt like losing weight was impossible after being on the medicine for almost a year so I went to an Endocrinologist . He has me off the Armour Thyroid meds to see what my blood looks like without thyroid medicine. Now I not only can t lose weight (with pretty strict diet and exercise EVERY DAY) but now I m gaining weight. What can I do to boost my metabolism?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012