Gaining weight after childbirth due to PCOS. Was controlled by Byetta previously. Now, advised not to take Byetta. Alternative?

Okay...about a year and a half ago my doctor had put me on Byetta for my PCOS . Then eventually I got pregnant again so I stopped taking it and now my daughter is almost 15 months old. My PCOS unfortunately has come back worse and I am just continously gaining, no matter how much I eat, workout, count calories it doesn t matter I gain. So I went and seen my doctor yesterday explaining to him that all the medication he has had me guinea pig myself with the only thing that has helped me to level my weight is Byetta in hopes he would prescribe again. Well..unfortunately NO luck he said since I am not diabetic he will no longer prescribe. I said with all my other illnesses ( asthma , copd , chronic fatigue , FM, just to name a few) won t gaining more and more weight be worse for my health than actually prescribing a medication that seemed to help?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012