Gained weight due to pregnancy complications. How to lose weight before conceiving again?

I am 26 years old, 5 8 and currently weigh in at 189lbs. I delivered a stillborn child on August 31st at 25 weeks. I have not lost any weight since delivery. I have had a normal period and am due for another cycle soon. I have also had my thyroid levels checked and everything appears normal. I eat extremely healthy and do not consume a great amount of protein due to polycystic kidney disease . However, I eat lots of veggies and whole grains. I also drink a lot of water, around 3 liters a day, and I exercise at minimum 30 mins everyday. Prior to pregnancy I weighed 163 pounds and gained a lot of weight due to complications with pregnancy. Is there anything I can do to help rid myself of this weight prior to trying to conceive again? I do not wish to start another pregnancy at my current weight.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012