Gained weight after taking Levothyroxin. Now taking Armour. Told to reduce dosage. Opinion?

I was on levothyroxin. I am 5 2 and gained weight. I was up to 138 pounds. Then I found Armour . Itold my dr and she put me on 60 mg, I then started losing weight a few months later. I lost 15 lbs. She moved away and i got a new dr. I told him I saw on the internet kids are to be on 60-90 mg Armour and I am only taking 60. (I just turned 60 in May) So he put me on 90 mg Just had blood test and he said I am to cut the tablets in half. What? That would be only 45mg. Lower than I was on when I was taking 60. I feel good and the 90 made me lose a few more pounds. I am to see him in a week. I don t think the blood tests were correct. When I was getting tested yrs ago on Levothy. it always said normal and it wasnt
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012