Gained weight after Laproscopy. Taking Thyronorm for Hypothyroid. Diet and exercise recommendations?

hi doc, i am 38yrs old and am diagonised with hypothyroid for which i am taking thyronorm 100mcg for the past 2 yrs, i was quite average weight i.e 65kg for 5ft 5inch height, but i underwent a laproscopy for birth control and after that i started gaining weight, which was 2 1/2 yrs back now i have tried everything but am unable to reduce my weight which is 85kgs. can you recommend me some diet or excercise to reduce my weight as i have started geting itching problem due to excess fat in certain areas.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013