Gain weight on quitting smoking, started vaping. Is there something other than nicotine that is found in traditional cigarettes that suppressed appetite?

I quit smoking and started vaping ( electronic cigarette ) about 7 weeks ago. Since then I have gained 12lbs. I normally gain weight when I try to quit smoking and alway attributed it to the nicotine addiction . With the vaping I still get the nicotine fix and the hand to mouth habit seems to satisfied also. My question is there something other than nicotine that is found in traditional cigarettes that suppressed my appetite?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013