GERD symptoms, weak lower oesophageal sphincter, Wolff-Parkinson-White, switching to another PPI or H2 blocker solution ?

Hi, I ve had GERD symptoms (chronic heartburn , excessive salivation , frequent hiccups, uncomfortable swallowing , nausea, occasional vomiting, etc.) which are extremely exacerbated by exercise for a few years now. I started taking Omeprazole (20 mg before breakfast, 40 mg before dinner) a year and a half ago and it s barely helped my symptoms, if at all. I had an upper GI endoscopy last spring which was normal, an esophageal motility test this summer which revealed a weak lower esophageal sphincter (LES) thus indicating GERD, and a gastric emptying study which just came back normal as well. I m only 17 and am not a drinker or a smoker, and I understand it s rare for someone my age to have such intense symptoms. I am a two-sport varsity athlete, so I frequently come home from practice feeling really sick with GERD symptoms and its certainly worsened lately (could be due to stress) which makes homework and daily life difficult, especially in the evening. Recently, I got back an EKG possibly indicating Wolff-Parkinson-White so I m waiting for further results from my holter monitoring for the verdict on that. I doubt that s related, but just thought I d mention it in case I m missing some kind of connection. I m considering switching meds to another PPI or H2 blocker or something. Any other further advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012