GERD, mild emphysema of paraseptal predominance, H. pylori. Taken OTC prilosec. Help?

Hello, I was sent to a Pulmonologist back in December bc I continued complaining about shortness of breath. Upon arrival I was given breathing tests he told me that the results were all normal except for one that was slightly off but not big deal. He said it was probably GERD and to take some OTC Prilosec . He sent me for a cat scan anyway just to make sure. My cat scan came back with mild emphysema of paraseptal predominance. Again he told me not to worry to quit smoking and it would not get worse. I am 33 years old and the mother of 2 young children. I have not smoked since New Years so that s a little over 2 months but I still have trouble breathing. Should I be concerned about the emphysema or have my stomach checked out? It feels as though I have trouble breath Exhaling and something is stuck in the back of my throat. I also have been diagnosed with h pylori.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013