GERD for years, flares up at times. Taking Nexium, have constant heart burns, throat irritation with cough. What to do ?

I have had gerd for years and if flares up at times but taking nexium has always worked to get it under control. For the last month I have been taking nexium, some times doubling the dose and it isn t working any longer. I have a constant burn and irritation in my throat and am horse with a cough. I have also been taking over the counter things like Pepcid ,gaviscon, Tagamet, alkaseltzer, mylanta, tums, and they only offer relief for 30 min at best. Is there anything else I can take?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013