GERD, bloated, gained weight, obstruction of distal esophagus, removal of fluid, thick mucus. Had a fundoplication. Help?

Hi I had a fundoplication in the year of 2000 and have had few a problems one was clearing of the throat constantly the other was bloating but the GERD was gone except for a couple of episodes. For the last three years it is getting worst Im not sure if it's the 25 lb. I have gained or something else. I have two esophagrams report one is from the time I was in the hospital about a week after the fundoplication surgery which says Significant tertiary contractions with some obstruction of the distal esophagus with only a minimal amount of barium passing into the stomach felt to probably be due to a distended stomach causing partial obstruction from the fundoplication. This is slightly improved with removal of fluid and air from the NG tube. Now I'm having Thick mucus and astma attacks constantly which I belive is being triggerd from LPR I had two X-rays in the last 6 months and both of them show a very large pocket of gas in my stomach . Went to see a ENT put me on antibiotics and sent me for a Esophagram which is the second report I have. when I returned for a follow up with the ENT he read 2nd report and said that the fundoplication has to be revised and also ran a scope through my nostril and said everything looked fine.The 2nd report I had two weeks ago says Defect From previous Fundoplication with significant narrowing at the GE juction which is felt to be more then expected for the normal fundoplication with the more proximal esophagus dilated with significant tertiary contractions and very poor clear of esophagus with the barium throughout the esophagus peristalsing up to the oropharynx throughout the study. Recommend futher clinical workup. THen I went see a GI and wants to dialiate will this help or should I be looking for a redo since their was a defect from the fundoplication to try and get rid of this hacking that is driving everybody around me crazy iuncluding myself
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013