GERD, acid reflux, red esophagus. Endoscopy showed mucosal breaks at lower end. On nexpro. Suggest?

Hi Doctor, I m 41 yrs male having GERD issue with acid reflux and reddish on my esophagus . did endoscopy in the result it was mantioned that Esophagus:short mucosal breaks at lowerend.and the Dr, prescribed me Nexpro-40 for 5 weeks. Its 2 weeks now i have been taking this now from few days I m having pain on the left side ribs which after side it becomes as caching on backside also some times pain comes to right side also. Is it because of Nexpro-40 or is it gastric problem. Please advice..
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013