G6PD done, prescribed milk formula containing soya and ascorbic acid. Suggestion?

Hi my 1 month baby boy got g6pd and the result for the confirmatory test is 1.72U/gHb. I consulted my pedia and she couldnt gave me an answer if its a severe type or mild type of g6pd. Is it life treathening knowing that the normal range for 1-6 mons is 12.22 U/ghb. My pedia gave a milk Formula Containing soya and ascorbic acid in his vitamins . His current weight now is4.6kg. Can you give me some advise reagrding g6pd and management for him to be healthy.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012