Fungal rash that turned into dry itchy skin, spread to palm size in genital area. How to get rid of this ?

I had a fungal rash that turned into dry itchy skin and due to scratching , it has become a rash and has spread to palm size in my gential area. It is red with little bumps and very itchy. It was weeping but now is dry. The skin is really smooth and sensitive and itchy. How can I get rid of this and get my skin back to normal? I m hesitant to use hydrocortisone but out of desperation I feel like I may have to. Please let me know what your suggestions are.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013