Fumes in the room due to burning the ventilation part of the bottle, part is non-toxic, child shows no signs of respiratory distress. Have I done damage to the baby?

I have a 3 month old baby and I was sterilizing the ventilation part of his bottle. I left it on the stove and forgot about it. It eventually burned the plastic which caused smoke . I quickly removed the burning plastic and opened the doors and windows. I then moved the baby to a room that hadn t been affected. I called the manufacturer of the bottle company and they said the part I was sterilizing is named santoprene and it is not toxic, but I am still concerned that I may have done some damage to my baby? Am I being a crazy first time mom? He is showing no signs of respiratory distress. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012