Fumes from peracetic acid harmful during pregnancy? Have headache

Are the fumes from peracetic acid harmful at any stage of pregnancy. I work in an endoscopy unit which uses it to process scopes. The room has no natural ventilation. Staff are working in this situation and the machines frequently break down and work continues whilst repairs are made. Fumes are very strong at these times in particular. I get terrible headaches when i am at work there.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Hi, dont worry, the fumes are absorbed from the nasal mucosa, and excreted from the bypass, with out much going to general circulation, but you should be causios of not inhaling much of fumes. You can have a cloth tied across the nose and mouth, to prevent the fumes to be absorbed completely, If you are 12 weeks or above you need not worry at all. Thank you.