Full tooth extracted. Used anesthetic, swelling in arm. Is swelling common in tooth extract?

had #32 extracted 3 days ago, anesthetic used xylocaine w/ epinephrine; 3 hrs after extraction started amoxicillin 500 mg (tid), percocet 5/325 mg (q6h prn), ibuprofen 600 mg (q8h prn); 4 hrs post extraction my rt arm swelled up, & yes, I may have slept on it, (tossing & turning); called the DDS, he stated go to ER & he never hear of such reaction; called ER, (I have MD friend), ER stated, prednisone, H2 blocker, benadryl, repeat & watch ; did that; now, 3 days later swelling to rt arm, rt cheek returned, pain diminished; had no ax to lidocaine, amox, ibuprofen or percocet ever; current ax: latex, nickel; no one heard of swelling post wisdom tooth extract?; if not ax to meds, since swelling is ipsilateral, (no trunk/leg involvement), what gives? any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 29 May 2012