Full bladder, unable to urinate, abdominal pain during pregnancy. Was drained using catheter before. Happened again. Suggestions?

I am concerned, My daughter is pregnant with her first baby. She lives almost 3 hours out of town from the first available professional gynacological help. She has awoken with a very full bladder and pain in her abdomen and she cannot urinate - this happened two days ago and went to the local country hospitla where the nurses drained her bladder - she was not advised as to whether this could happen again and what course of action she should take should it do so - It is 1:46am and she is very concerned - Apparently they were happy that the first episode was not caused from an infection. My daughter felt that this was caused by the baby/ uterus lying over the urethra and preventing urine draining - nothing was resolved after her bladder was drained via catheter and she went home 5 hours later. Would it hurt her or the baby to travel to her next major centre to go to hospital now?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013