Frequently Cough and cold

Jitendra here, I have cold and cough, no sneezing, please help.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
This is the season were people get this kind of problem.If you are having this occasionally then it is should avoid cold drinks,fried foods etc.Take light diet ,take steam inhalation with plain water or eucalyptus oil etc.For headache or bodyache you can have t.paracetamol and for sneezing etc,if you do not have any other medical problem you can take t.cetrizine. once daily.Take plenty of liquids,hot liquids like soup etc is better.
If your problem is recurrent you should be having mostly allergic one and try to find out the cause of allergy,you can keep watch on and you will easily find out the allergen,in that case you need to take anti allergic treatment for long need to consult your family doctor.
it is mainly due to very low body resistivity....take medic to improve it.....
Steam inhalation should be given, why cant you try that.

You should get some blood tests done. I think the Doctor is the best person to tell you those. Do not leave it early.

Anonymous's Response

It is mainly a viral infection and will resolve in 3-4 days. Take symptomatic treatment till then.