Frequent weird reactions on the skin, redness and itchiness on skin. Is it allergy?

I d like to know the symptoms of an allergy . I m not sure if I have an allergy. I sometimes get weird reactions to my skin, but I ve been told by relatives that it s me growing up. It doesn t really look like acne , it s just that my skin reddens and I tend to be itchy a lot. I haven t exactly been informed of having an allergy, I haven t informed this to any specialist. So I was wondering, could this be an allergy? Should I see a doctor immediately?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012