Frequent urination, soreness in ribs, back pain. Urinalysis showed protein, low vitamin D. Suggest?

Hi, For the last week I have been going to the bathroom constantly to pee especially at night to the point where I cant get a good nights sleep. My urinalysis showed up that it had protein in it and blood work shows a low Vitamin D of 14 but my rheumatologist didn t seem concerned. I have soreness underneath both of ribs but only when I touch them. I am getting over shingles and mono so I do have aching back pain. How I would I know if I had a kidney infection? Where would the pain originate from?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013