Frequent urination, pedal odema, feeling sick in the morning, taking Gaviscon

Hello, I am staying with my mum since she had a fall a month ago. She had previously had two spontaneous vertebral fracture from osteoporosis . She has been into hospital for test which just showed that she was massively constipated. She had colonoscopy 8yrs ago which showed a very tortuous bowel and grade 4 hemorrhoids . She also has a small ovarian cyst which will be re scanned soon after 4 months. She has lost about a stone in this last year and is now just below 6 stone. She is about 5 feet tall as she has lost height since her vertebral collapse. The problem for her, and for me is that she gets up every hour or more throughout the night to urinate. I forgot to say that recently she has pedal odema, so much that by the end of the day she can barely feel her feet as thay are so cold and numb. I put them in a bowl of warm water and massage them to help. By the morning the swelling is reduced but lately there has still been significant swelling in the morning. The most upsetting thing for mom is feeling sick every morning from 4am onwards. I give her Gaviscon but this doesn t help. Eventually she gets up for good at about 6am, still feeling sick. After a cup of tea and more Gaviscon the sickness subsides after about half an hour. I m not sure if it s sitting up that helps or what. Non of the anti emetics has worked so far. Please can you suggest anything as I am looking after mum alone and am extremely tired as I need to steady her during the night.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012