Frequent urination, occasional pain. Used to go frequently earlier without experiencing pain. Cancer sign?

I m an 18 year old male. Starting when I was about 12 I had been having frequent urination . Some days are worse then others and some are okay. When it first started I urinated ever 10 minutes very little came out. No pain no nothing. As time has gone on the frequent urination was sort of a mystery some days I would go 8-10 times but days I drank a lot of water I would pee every 10 minutes basically until I got that water out of my system hen it would be about every hour. As I got older I started to have some pain while urinating that only happens sometimes. Recently I have urinated about 5-6 times a day. My question is can urinary habits change like that? If it were cancer wouldn t I have known in 6 years? I m almost 19. I forgot to mention I NEVER wake up at night to urinate only when I am awake.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013