Frequent urination at night, no pain while urinating. What is wrong with me?

I have to go the bathroom at least 5 to 6 times a night..... I am often tired and exhausted every morning because I never experience a full nights rest. I m 25 year old female and this has been going on for years. I do drink a lot of fluids but cut them back a lot before bed. I do drink caffeine. But even when I don t have caffeine I still get up to pee just as much. It doesn t hurt to urniate either. What is wrong with me and how can I get treated?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Urologist 's  Response

This most likely sounds like an over active bladder. Although urinary infection cannot be ruled out without doing an urine test.

This condition can be due to stress, obesity & sometimes without any reason. Avoid tea, coffee, spices. Do pelvic floor exercises(Kegel's) which will help you hold the urine for more time.Weight loss has shown to be very effective in this condition.Avoid water and fluids in the evening hours which you are already doing.
There are drugs to treat if this is causing too much trouble. Most commonly Oxybutynin, vesicare and tolterodine are prescribed for this condition.

So first get an urine test and if there is no evidence of infection, you can try these measures and if required medications too.

I hope this answers your query.